[Mimedefang] Configure uvscan to scan inside a zip file.

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Tue Jul 1 18:41:02 EDT 2003

I tested this before I posted it.
It does have the line in /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl
run_virus_scanner($Features{'Virus:NAI'} . " --noboot --secure --allole
$path 2>&1", "Found");

I can still send virus infected zip files through my mail server.
I just send myself a zipped copy of sobig, and it went through my mail
server without being detected and blocked.

And I have updated dat file to 4273, which detects zipped-sobig.

Jason,
Have you sent a virus infected zip through your mail server?
And it detected the virus and blocked the attachment?
--Luke