[Mimedefang] SoBig.E slipping through

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Tue Jul 1 00:01:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Tony L. Cratz wrote:

> 	I confirm that both clamdscan can clamscan was able to see that
> 	The message had a virus. But mimedefang with clamd passes the
> 	Virus.

OK.  You were right.  Whatever the problem it isn't the same as the
mistake I'd made.

Is clamav catching anything that should be passed to it by MD?  Have you
tried mailing the clamav test files, and do those get caught?

Also check

  mimedefang.pl -features

to see what mimedefang finds.  Note that by default mimedefang will pass
things to only one virus checker.  So if it finds something else on the
system that doesn't know about Sobig.E, it will never check with clamav.

Best of luck with this.  As you see, I'm grasping at straws.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/
 Hate spam?  Boycott MCI! http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/anti-spam/mci/