[Mimedefang] OFF TOPIC

John john at jjgb.com
Wed Jan 29 15:33:01 EST 2003

At 01:10 PM 1/29/2003, you wrote:
>On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Chad Stalvey wrote:
>
> > Now, I only want the sendmail
> > connections to come from the server at domain.com. IE: If someone tries to
> > send a message directly to someone at filter.domain.com, it will not go
> > through. Is there a way to let sendmail handle this?
>
>Yes, with the access map.  Or hey, why not do it in MIMEDefang?
>
>sub filter_relay ($$$) {
>         my($hostip, $hostname, $helo) = @_;
>         if ($hostip ne 'ip.of.host-to.allow' and
>             $hostip ne '127.0.0.1') {
>                 return('REJECT', '$hostip: Not allowed to use this server.');
>         }
>         return ('CONTINUE', 'OK');
>}
>
>:-)
>
>--
>David.

Or, you could just firewall 25 to allow connections from your mail server
IP only...  Saves CPU cycles and sendmail/MD connection stuff...

John Jaeger - Billings, Montana

EMail To	: <mailto:john at jjgb.com>
Home Page	: <http://www.jjgb.com>

PGP:
RSA Key ID: 0xAAEC7751  <http://www.jjgb.com/public_files/RSA_Key.zip>

"Our liberty is protected by four boxes...
     The ballot box, the jury box, the soap box, and the cartridge box."
                                    - Anonymous