[Mimedefang] Re: [AMaViS-user] W32.Sobig.A at mm : viruses_that_fake_sender update / address to block

Don 'Duck' Harper duck at duckland.org
Wed Jan 15 23:58:01 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 16:24, Chr. v. Stuckrad wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 10:44:32PM +0100, Stephane Lentz wrote:
> >
> > Either block big at boss.com through your favorite MTA
> > or consider Sobig like Bugbear, Yaha,... (no sender notification for
> > these virus names).
>
> Do *both*!  I get a lot of 'Sobig's through mailing-lists
> which change the envelop-sender from 'big at boss.com' to
> wherever the listserver wants the bounces to go.
> So doing both gives better results !

Or just make sure your ClamAV is up to date...The first I heard about
this virus was the notes from my users asking me what this note from
Mime-Defang was all about. :)

Don

Don Harper, RHCE, MCSE                          email: duck at duckland.org
Just a systems kinda guy...                      http://www.duckland.org

If only there were some indication the universe was doing it on purpose.

This email was sent from Home.