[Mimedefang] Redhat 7.3 Install Help

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Jan 9 23:36:01 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 20:23, David Shaw wrote:
> Hello All, I'm getting this error when I run ./configure.
>
> checking whether libmilter must be linked with libsm... yes
> configure: error: Problem: we need to link with libsm.a, but I can't
> find it.

You need to install sendmail 8.12.x.  I grabbed the src rpm from
here: http://www.wesmo.com/rpm2html/x86/sendmail-8.12.7-1.i386.html
and I think rpm --rebuild gave me new binary rpms under
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS that installed without any trouble. Also
get http://www.wesmo.com/rpm2html/x86/sendmail-cf-8.12.7-1.i386.html
to build your own sendmail.cf from a sendmail.mc file.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com