[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang and SpamAssassin Question

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Thu Jan 30 20:33:01 EST 2003

On Thu Jan 30 2003 at 13:25, Rick Knight wrote:

> I try to not use RPM whenever possible. Removed all of the sendmail and
> related RPMs many versions ago and have been installing from the
> sendmail source (sendmail.8.12.7.tar.Z). It works great.

FWIW, it is not so difficult to build sendmail as an rpm.

  I recently grabbed the latest 8.11.7 .src.rpm and the hesiod
  package from rawhide, modified the .spec file and one of the
  patches (iirc, among other things to use libdb-3 rather than
  libdb-4), then rebuilt and installed it on a rh73 box.  (I'm not
  so impressed with rh80, but that's entirely another story).  Works
  nicely here, and my rpm database is still (almost) in sync with
  the state of my system.

The only non-rpm installs I do are with "perl -MCPAN", so when I
rebuild or install mimedefang as an rpm then I need to do it with
--nodeps (which works).

> Also, I found the info I was looking for. MIMEDefang Tips on the
> MIMEDefang main page(duh).

Definitely :)

> Thanks,
> Rick Knight