[Mimedefang] Make problems: libsm + strlcpy

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Thu Jan 30 13:13:00 EST 2003

Durand Miller wrote:
> I'm using a clean RedHat 7.3 install.  Basically, I installed RedHat,
> immediately got the new sendmail, built that (went okay) and then tried
> to build mimedefang.

You need the sendmail-devel package installed to build MIMEDefang.

To keep things clean, I would recommend snagging the .srpm for sendmail
from 8.0, at whatever version is the current errata.  Rebuild that, and
it'll drop in place with fewer "non-RedHat gotchas" than if you built
from source.

If that doesn't work, try installing the MD RPM I built:
ftp://ftp.deepnet.cx/pub/devel/mimedefang/mimedefang-2.29-1.i386.rpm

SRPM also available there.

Note that you may have to tweak things a little for virus scanners;  my
build system doesn't have one.  :/

-kgd
--
Money is overrated.