[Mimedefang] Mimedefang before blacklist?

Shawn Button sbutton at dtjboulder.com
Thu Jan 30 10:49:01 EST 2003

Hi...I am trying to blacklist a sender that is consistent with the from
address but goes through various mail servers. I put them in spam
assassin's blacklist section along with sendmail's access database to
deny however it appears that mime defang scans the message before the
other two deny options come into play, so even though the message is
ultimately rejected, our users still receive the warning messages when
instead we would just like to discard the message altogether...I am sure
others' have seen this sender as well...is there a way to tell mime
defang to not bother to scan a certain sender, to instead just silently
discard the message?

Thank you,

Shawn

Here's the example...

An e-mail had 1 part quarantined in the directory
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/qdir-2003-01-29-18.41.50-001 on the mail server.

The sender was '<big at boss.com>'.

The relay machine was dnvrdslgw13poole219.dnvr.uswest.net
(67.41.125.219).

Recipient: <pblecke at ourdomain.com

Here are the warning details:

An attachment named "Movie_0074.mpeg.pif was removed from this document
as it
constituted a security hazard.  If you require this document, please
contact
the sender and arrange an alternate means of receiving it.