[Mimedefang] GraphDefang ideas

Brent J. Nordquist b-nordquist at bethel.edu
Thu Jan 30 10:10:01 EST 2003

Just put my production MIMEDefang + SpamAssassin + File::Scan cluster
online last night.  It's ticking along without a hitch so far.  Thanks
very much to everyone who has contributed to MIMEDefang!

Naturally the first thing I wanted to do this morning was set up
GraphDefang so I can show people everything we're catching now.  I hit one
snag and thought I'd share it.

We have two (MX 10) machines handling the incoming mail load.
GraphDefang (with its max-time) seems designed to handle only one log file
(at least, when I ran the second file in, the lines were all discarded,
presumably because the first file set the max-time).  The only way I could
do it was cat them together and sort, which will work for the time being.

Since I will be rotating these logs, and dumping them into GraphDefang
only after they're rotated (so they won't grow, and there will be no
duplicates), it would be nice if there was a way to just bypass the
max-time check.

The graphs look great though!  Thanks for producing this tool.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <b-nordquist at bethel.edu> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://kepler.acns.bethel.edu/~bjn/contact.html