[Mimedefang] OFF TOPIC

Mike Batchelor mikebat at tmcs.net
Wed Jan 29 18:25:01 EST 2003

In sendmail.cf:
O DontProbeInterfaces=True
Cwdomain.com

DontProbeInterfaces=True keeps sendmail from looking at DNS for its own IP
addresses, in order to determine what is a local domain.  It will then only
accept email for local delivery if it is addressed to domains listed in
Class w, which you have to define explicitly (since sendmail is now
prevented from creating this class itself).  Any other recipients will be
bounced or relayed, depending on the rest of your sendmail.cf.

Then it is up to you to arrange for mail addressed to domains in Class w to
arrive at this host.  The alias arrangement you described should work just
fine.

Another way to do this is with LUSER_RELAY.  If a recipient is determined
to be local, but the user part does not correspond to a Unix mailbox or an
alias, then the mail is relayed to LUSER_RELAY.  Doing it this way avoids
having to make an alias for users who want their mail filtered.  If their
account exists on the non-filtered host, it is delivered there.  If the
account does not exist, it is forwarded to the filter host.

--On Wednesday, January 29, 2003 3:06 PM -0500 Chad Stalvey