[Mimedefang] Notify question

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Jan 27 21:13:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Rick Knight wrote:

> Thanks for all the help, I now have MIMEDefang and ClamAV running and
> they seem to be working very well. One question, when a virus is found,
> I want to be notified and I also want the sender to be notified.

Sender-notification is of questionable value... many viruses fake the
sender address.

To actually receive notifications, you have to call
send_quarantine_notifications() as the last thing in filter_end();
otherwise, MIMEDefang is silent about quarantining messages.

Also, your notifications might not go out if you aren't running
a clientmqueue runner.  Sendmail 8.12 splits message submission
from message relaying, and you need to run a client queue runner; consult
the sendmail docs for details.

(MIMEDefang sends out notifications in "deferred" mode to reduce load
on your server.)