[Mimedefang] Error with MIMEDefang and ClamAV

John john at jjgb.com
Mon Jan 27 13:04:01 EST 2003

At 01:39 AM 1/27/2003, you wrote:
>Thanls John,
>
>This is a new installation of MIMEDefang, SpamAssassin and ClamAV and an
>upgrade of sendmail. Memedefang and clamd are running as user defang.

Have you checked the owner of the sock's in the MD directory?  Is the MD
directory owned by defang and set 700?

Here is a listing of my MD directory:
-rw-rw-rw-    1 defang   defang          5 Jan 26 22:23 clamd.pid
srwxrwxrwx    1 defang   defang          0 Jan 26 22:23 clamd.sock
-rw-------    1 defang   defang          6 Jan 26 22:23
mimedefang-multiplexor.pid
srw-------    1 defang   defang          0 Jan 26 22:23
mimedefang-multiplexor.sock
-rw-------    1 defang   defang          6 Jan 26 22:23 mimedefang.pid
srwx------    1 defang   defang          0 Jan 26 22:23 mimedefang.sock

John Jaeger - Billings, Montana

EMail To	: <mailto:john at jjgb.com>
Home Page	: <http://www.jjgb.com>

PGP:
RSA Key ID: 0xAAEC7751  <http://www.jjgb.com/public_files/RSA_Key.zip>

"Our liberty is protected by four boxes...
     The ballot box, the jury box, the soap box, and the cartridge box."
                                    - Anonymous