[Mimedefang] mimedefang + majordomo

Matt Bruce mbruce at insl.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 12:12:00 EST 2003

Dustin,

> What I did to get this to work was recompile majordomo to run
> as smmsp.

Sounds like a plan to me, though be aware that any problems with
majordomo may affect your sendmail (overflows, etc), or vice-versa.

I've only set up one majordomo, but that was about 5 years ago and I
can't remember how I configured it. The majordomo docs should give you a
best practises guide on the matter.

> so what I have now is
> /var/spool/clientmqueue		smmsp,smmsp, 770
> and majordomo is running as smmsp,smmsp
>
> is there any potential security risks that I should be worried about
> running as such?

As long as your smmsp user and members of the smmsp group (presumably
just the smmsp user) are secure, then I don't think there are any
foreseeable problems.

Anyone else on the list have a comment on this?

> Thanks for you help.  Its much apreciated.

Glad to have been of help.

Cheers,
Matt