[Mimedefang] Odd addresses

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Wed Jan 15 17:32:02 EST 2003

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Michael H Moran wrote:

> I have half a dozen accounts in the form   user.cox-internet.com
>
> Any thoughts on how to get them accepted as local users ?

You could add their To: addresses to a "whitelist_to" in
/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.conf  See the blurb about
whitelist_to in 'perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf'.

...or add something before the part that calls SA in your
mimedefang-filter like this, assuming that you call SA at the end of
filter_end and nothing else after it.  This way it won't ever call SA for
the envelope recipients that you specify:

foreach my $recip (@Recipients) {
  $recpt =~ s/[<>]//g;
  return action_accept() if $recip =~ /^(joe|jim|bob)\.cox\@internet\.com$/i;
}

That'll skip even checking it with SA if joe.cox at internet.com,
jim.cox at internet.com, or bob.cox at internet.com are one of the envelope
recipients.

Problem with #2 is that it'll skip checking SA for e-mails with multiple
recipients if okaddress at foo.org is one of them.  To avoid that you
could use stream_by_recipient() so it resends each multiple-recipient
e-mail into that many single-recipient e-mails, but that will add load to
a heavily loaded system.

  Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA