[Mimedefang] MIMEdefang working?

Rainer Koschnick arkay at gmx.net
Wed Jan 15 12:36:04 EST 2003

Hi Randy,

The timeout values are a little different, I added the E option.  The
other options have higher timeout values and F=T should be removed if
you're not scanning for viruses and the mail should be delievered in
any case if the filter fails.  I don't know if this is my problem
here.

RK> but I think your will work alright.  You also didn't mention recompiling sendmail with milter support.  Add the following lines to sendmail-8.12.6/devtools/Site/site.Linux.m4:
RK> dnl add support for Mail Filters (Milter)
RK> APPENDDEF(`conf_sendmail_ENVDEF', `-DMILTER')
RK> APPENDDEF(`conf_libmilter_ENVDEF', `-DMILTER')

My configuration looks like this (taken from the HOWTO):

APPENDDEF(`conf_sendmail_ENVDEF', `-DMILTER')
APPENDDEF(`conf_libmilter_ENVDEF', `-D_FFR_MILTER_ROOT_UNSAFE')

RK> Finally, unrelated to MIMEDefang, change the right of /var/spool/clientmqueue/ to 770.

Thanks, did that :)

Do you get more mimedefang output in your mail- or syslog?  Does it
show anything when it is scanning for mail?

--
Best regards,
Rainer