[Mimedefang] Graphdefang db error

Scott Harris scott at ozmatrix.com
Wed Jan 15 06:11:01 EST 2003

Still testing the use of graphdefang (latest version) here:

http://ozmatrix.com/mimedefang/

Since I have added the 'mail_in' line to my mimedefang-filter config I
have occasionally experienced errors in my SummaryDB.db file. The reason
why I know this is that I ma getting this error emailed to me when the
cron job fails every 15 mins:

[root at morpheous:] # ./graphdefang.pl
Processing data file: /var/log/maillog
Bus error (core dumped)

To resolve it, I remove the SummaryDB.db file and then re-run
graphdefang.pl and is everything ok again. I'm woried that after a
substantail period of time you may lose all that data and have to start
again from scratch. On that note also, what happens long term to the db
ie. size of db file, archiving, etc?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott