[Mimedefang] Powerful anti-spam rule that never discards vali d e-mail

Dirk Mueller dmuell at gmx.net
Tue Jan 14 09:23:00 EST 2003

On Die, 14 Jan 2003, local.mimedefang wrote:

> Hmm. I'm wondering how effective it would be to set up a mail
> relay with a higher priority than the "real" ones which does nothing
> but tempfail *everything*. It shouldn't be too hard to write but
> I'm a bit loath to try it on a real domain, especially one which
> belongs to my employer!

I don't think its that simple. I've noticed several times spam software
injecting mails in the "fallback" mail servers, without ever having tried
the regular mx point.

I believe this is on purpose, often backup and failsafe servers are less
strict configured than the regular mx server. Since then I always make sure
that the backup server is always much stricter in SPAM checking :)

--
Dirk (received 330 mails today)