[Mimedefang] Send SIGINTto multiplexor for new virus defs?

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Fri Jan 10 15:22:00 EST 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Michael Grau wrote:

> Sorry if this has already been asked, but if I am scanning for viruses
> (clamd in this case) do I need to SIGINT mimedefang-multiplexor when new
> virus defs arrive to have them in immediate effect?

No.  MD talks to clamd via a unix socket.  In the case of File::Scan,
then yes you do - because it's a perl module that gets read-in by MD.
When you update the clamav signatures you should either restart clamd, or
pass the --daemon-notify option to clamd (see the freshclam man page).

  Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA