[Mimedefang] Re: graphdefang logging question

Vincent Jaussaud tatooin at kelkoo.com
Fri Jan 10 14:32:00 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 18:26, John Kirkland wrote:
> Hi, Vincent,

Hi John, and thanks for your reply.

> If there are log lines in your mail log file like:
>
> /^.* (\<\S+\>)\.\.\. User unknown$/

Yes, these are log lines from sendmail.

> which matches:
>
> gAHC2iEA006157: <laches at moi.net>... User unknown
>
> Then, they will get added to your SummaryDB.db database file.  You can
> graph them by adding a new graph to your graphdefang-config file.  I use
> the following:
Ok, I've added the following:

#--------------------------------------------------------------
%GraphSettings = ();
%GraphSettings = (
                'data_types'    => ['user_unknown'],
                'graph_type'    => 'stacked_bar',
                'grouping'      => 'value1',
                'top_n'         => '9',
                'value1_title'  => 'Domain',
                'grouping_times'=> ['hourly','daily','monthly'],
                'filter'        => '/^.* (\<\S+\>)\.\.\. User unknown$/'
                );
push @GRAPHS, { %GraphSettings };

It seems to work, since in my first graph a new line has been added
corresponding to "User unknown" sendmail logs.
However, the new graph which is created is empty :(

See by yourself:
https://mail.kelkoo.net/mimedefang/index.php?view=daily

> sender = NA;
> recipient = email address of unknown recipient
> value1 = domain of the unknown recipient

I'm not sure to understand what you mean, so please forgive me if my
question is stupid; but do I need to add a new md_log function within my
mimedefang-filter config file ?

> Regards,
> John
Thanks again,