[Mimedefang] Re: graphdefang logging question

John Kirkland jpk at bl.org
Fri Jan 10 12:27:01 EST 2003

Hi, Vincent,

If there are log lines in your mail log file like:

/^.* (\<\S+\>)\.\.\. User unknown$/

which matches:

gAHC2iEA006157: <laches at moi.net>... User unknown

Then, they will get added to your SummaryDB.db database file.  You can
graph them by adding a new graph to your graphdefang-config file.  I use
the following:

%GraphSettings = (
        'data_types'    => ['user_unknown'],
        'graph_type'    => 'stacked_bar',
        'grouping'      => 'value1',
        'top_n'         => '9',
        'value1_title'  => 'Domain',
        'grouping_times'=> ['hourly','daily','monthly'],
        );

sender = NA;
recipient = email address of unknown recipient
value1 = domain of the unknown recipient

Regards,
John