[Mimedefang] Slave 0 ran out of memory -- possible DoS attack due to complex MIME

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Jan 9 20:31:01 EST 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Aaron Paetznick wrote:

> I've been having this problem on my test Alpha linux machine for a few
> days.  Here are the errors:

> Jan  9 19:05:24 ds20 mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 stderr: Out of memory!

Perl is printing that error.  Try running mimedefang with the -k option
so it does not delete directories of failed messages; then run
mimedefang.pl by hand in that directory as follows:

	cd /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-xxxxxx
	rm -rf Work
	mimedefang.pl .

and see if it complains about running out of memory.