[Mimedefang] inet option & mimedefang-multiplexor & performance

Fox, Randy Randy_Fox at csgsystems.com
Wed Jan 8 11:46:01 EST 2003

> From: Mycrom [mailto:defang at mycrom.net]
>
> We have no problem with bulk mail and using mimedefang. Our
> inbound system
> processed 1.3 Million and our outbound system processed 2.3
> Million messages
> yesterday. This includes virus scanning and spam filtering of
> all messages.
> On average each one of our servers process 190,000 messages
> each. Based on
> figues pulled from months of testing each server is about 75%
> used when
> doing 190,000 messages per day. To achieve some of this I did

I can see why you're considering putting the filters on separate servers.  However, considering that this takes more hardware anyway, wouldn't it be just as easy to add the new servers as  relays along with current relays and have all run both sendmail and MIMEDefang.  I'm not sure if the overhead of having dedicated scanners results in fewer servers overall.

Randy