[Mimedefang] Trendmicro virusscanner problems..

Richardson M. M.Richardson at tk.parlement.nl
Wed Jan 8 11:17:01 EST 2003

Hi,

I already posted some questions here earlier, all my problems so far have
been solved so i thought let's add an extra feature namely virusscanning
with the trendmicro scanner i already have installed.

I noticed that running two filters from sendmail in series doesn't work, i
had the defang as the first filter and then the trendmicro, virus passes
through without being noticed but sendmail does complain when ismilter from
trend isn't running..

Anyway i figured it would best to let mimedefang handle both things as it
properly detects my trend installation.
So i removed the trend line from sendmail.cf, restarted sendmail and things
were ok.
Next i stopped the trendmicro process and recompiled mimedefang without the
--disable-trend option.
Here comes the problem:
after restarting mimedefang the filter gave up on me!

I get the following errors in syslog:
Milter (mimedefang): to error state
Milter: initialisation failed, temp failing commands

I did verify that defang has sufficient permissions to run /etc/iscan/vscan.

Thanks,

Mark Richardson.

Tweede Kamer der Staten-Generaal
www.tweede-kamer.nl

Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.
Dit elektronisch bericht is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde.
Als u dit bericht per abuis hebt ontvangen, wordt u verzocht het te
vernietigen en de afzender te informeren.
Wij adviseren u om bij twijfel over de juistheid of de volledigheid van
dit bericht contact op te nemen met afzender.

No rights can be derived from this message.
This electronic message is intended only for the addressee.
Should you have received this message in error, you are kindly
requested to delete it and inform the sender.
Should you question the accuracy or the completeness of this
message, you are advised to contact the sender.