[Mimedefang] inet option & mimedefang-multiplexor & performance

Mycrom defang at mycrom.net
Wed Jan 8 10:07:02 EST 2003

We have no problem with bulk mail and using mimedefang. Our inbound system
processed 1.3 Million and our outbound system processed 2.3 Million messages
yesterday. This includes virus scanning and spam filtering of all messages.
On average each one of our servers process 190,000 messages each. Based on
figues pulled from months of testing each server is about 75% used when
doing 190,000 messages per day. To achieve some of this I did need to make
changes to mimedefang.pl and remove all the mime splitting work. Good stuff
just to heavy weight for our bulk. Also wrote my own virus scanning sub
using a client/daemon virus scanner. My filter its self is about 400 lines
of custom filters to do spam blocking and filtering for our customers
including ldap and db work.

-Matthew