[Mimedefang] Over 6 min delay before passing messages?

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 7 13:00:01 EST 2003

>From: "Matt Bruce" <mbruce at insl.co.uk>

<---SNIP--->
>Many thanks to the chap who suggested I up the Sendmail logging. :)

If that was me, no problems, if it wasn't it should have been as I shouldn't
have overlooked the obvious :-)

As for the log entry I was talking about, here's a typical one:

Jan  7 17:52:38 aleph sm-mta[10004]: h07HqY3F009996: to=<me at privacy.net>,
delay=00:00:03, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, pri=31745, dsn=2.0.0,
stat=Sent

Usually just after the LDA entries (if any).  It's quite handy for working
out what the real delay is.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?