[Mimedefang] NAI buys Deersoft

mark.wiater at Alexus.com mark.wiater at Alexus.com
Tue Jan 7 09:22:01 EST 2003

Actually, that acquisition was by Symantec. NAI acquired Trusted Information
Systems in the 90's. They were the creators of the Gauntlet firewall. And
they just recently sold that to Secure Computing.

Mark

>I hate NAI, but you'd think that even they would leave the current SA
>alone and bastardize it into their own version.

They mangled Raptor Firewall into Symantec Enterprise Firewall when they
took over Axent(?). The former was an excellent product (within its
known limitations), but I'll refrain from even commenting on the latter.

And let's not start on the PGP debate... ;)

Matt