[Mimedefang] NAI buys Deersoft

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Tue Jan 7 03:01:02 EST 2003

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, David F. Skoll wrote:

> Network Associates bought Deersoft, and now holds the SpamAssassin(tm)
> trademark.
>
> Good or bad?  I guess I'm now competing directly against NAI. :-)

Not good for anyone that gets suckered into paying a billion $ for
"McAfee SpamKiller Enterprise(tm)", but even if they can stop the
SpamAssassin as we know it, I'm sure someone will fork-off "OpenSA"
shortly thereafter ;-)  I think SA falls under the Perl licence...

I hate NAI, but you'd think that even they would leave the current SA
alone and bastardize it into their own version.

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA