[Mimedefang] Using graphdefang

syn uw syn_uw at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 2 15:19:01 EST 2003

>Hello,
>	Oh, didn't know that.  I imagine you're separating it to make it
>easier to see and process.  Anyway, I'm no perl expert, but perhaps you
>are.  The graphdefanglib.pl file says it looks for lines in the file of
>your choosing ;) that look like this in the beginning:

>Sep 28 21:55:50 westover mimedefang.pl[16803]:
>MDLOG,g8T2th86016917,mail_out...etc, etc.

>With this regex

>if (/^(\S+\s+\d+\s+\d+:\d+:\d+) (\S+ \S+\[\d+\]):
>MDLOG,(\S+?),(\S+?),(\S*?),(\S*?),(.*?),(.*?),(.*)$/ ) { # then it a good
>line and lets use it

>It may be that the extra data in your line, namely:

>[ID 702911 local5.info]

>Might be confusing it.  Again, a perl regex person could tell you
>definitively.  However that's my best stab at it :)

Hi,

Well I'm far from a PERL expert but I've already done a few stuff in PERL
and have some regexp knowledge, you are right this field is too much and
that's Solaris syslog which adds this, on Linux you won't see that extra
information. Now on Solaris I have no clue on how to turn this extra
information off and I also wonder if it's a good idea to turn that off.

So I think I will need to go and modify graphdefanglib.pl to make it detect
the OS and if it's Solaris then it will use another regexp syntax.

Is anyone interested by me doing that ? I just need to know what you guys
out there (especially the developer of graphdefang) what kind of method you
would like me to use to detect the OS. I could do launch a `uname -s` from
the PERL script but maybe there are better methods ?

Regards