[Mimedefang] SA 2.50

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Mon Feb 24 16:57:01 EST 2003

on 2/24/03 12:40 PM, Nels Lindquist at nlindq at maei.ca wrote:

> On 24 Feb 2003 at 12:23, James Olsen wrote:
>
>> I've fed a bunch of spam/ham messages to "teach" SpamAssassin via
>> sa-learn, but when a spam message goes through I don't see any BAYES*
>> flags raised in the "X-Spam-Tests" header.
>
> How many is "a bunch?"  Looks like the BAYES* tests aren't utilized
> until there are a minimum of 200 messages in the database.
>
>> I tried setting a specific path in the sa-mimedefang.cf and
>> it would appear to be using the files in that path (i was getting
>> permission errors until I fixed the permissions, so it appears to be
>> trying to use them). But I'm not sure what I should try next.
>
> Did you also set the bayes_path in ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs for the
> user you ran sa-learn under?

This is where I believe MD becomes a problem using Bayes in SpamAssassin.
Since SA is called from MD, doesn't that mean it always appears to be the
same user in SA?  So, you can't really have a per user database set up for
Bayes checking and SpamAssassin?  And, what user is that, the defang user?

> Just to be sure, I also set "use_bayes  1" in sa-mimedefang.cf,
> though it's supposed to be the default.

Jeff
--
Jeff Grossman (jeff at stikman.com)