[Mimedefang] Sending duplicate messages

Scott.Larnach at ed.ac.uk Scott.Larnach at ed.ac.uk
Fri Feb 28 09:04:00 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Kurt Kesler wrote:

> Please help.  Upgraded mimedefang to 2.29, added the
> /usr/sbin/sendmail -Ac -qp10m line to my sendmail startup, and now
> am sending out duplicate emails...but not all the time and not from
> all users.  I am also using spamassassin 2.43.

No ideas as to the specific reason for your message duplication. In
cases like this, the first thing to do is get hold of two instances of
the repeating message, with the full mail headers. Compare the headers,
first the Message-ID: and then the Received: headers, from bottom to
top. They should be the same up to some point and then start to differ.
That tells you the point where the duplication is occurring, and is
often enough of a clue to tell you what's going on.

Scott Larnach, Edinburgh University