[Mimedefang] Multiple Quarantine reports

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Thu Feb 27 18:16:01 EST 2003

Wil,
    What code have you put into place to ensure that local messages are not
being scanned?  For example, in filter_begin in mimedefang-filter,  I have:

   # don't check for locally submitted mail
   if ($RelayAddr eq "127.0.0.1") {
        return action_accept();
   }

Do you have something like this?  My thought it that normally quarantine is
used for virus notifications (or malicious attachments).  Those would not
trigger SA.  However, you are placing ENTIRE_MESSAGE into the quarantine
message which will obviously trigger SA since that's how it got to this
point in the first place :-).  Something needs to be there to tell MD not to
bother to submit the message for filtering.

HTH,

Stefano