[Mimedefang] SA 2.50

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Mon Feb 24 17:57:01 EST 2003

On 24 Feb 2003 at 17:04, Rajesh Bhandari wrote:

> Just wondering - how do you get a the "pure" message in the MD/SA
> environment? The recommendation on the SATalk list is to use the
> unvarnished message, and I've been wondering just how to get that
> unvarninshed message.

Well, the answer to that will depend entirely on how you've
configured MD/SA. :-)  In our environment, we're not "munging" spam
other than to add headers which can be filtered client-side.  (Though
we're also bouncing spam which scores above a certain threshold).
The extra headers can be removed from Bayes analysis through use of
the bayes_ignore_header directive.

I've set up a central shared IMAP folder to which Spam and Non-spam
can be copied.  Since we're using Cyrus IMAPD, the mail store is a
directory with a text file for each message.  It's quite easy to run
sa-learn on the mail folders directly.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager