[Mimedefang] SA 2.50

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Mon Feb 24 15:41:02 EST 2003

On 24 Feb 2003 at 12:23, James Olsen wrote:

> I've fed a bunch of spam/ham messages to "teach" SpamAssassin via
> sa-learn, but when a spam message goes through I don't see any BAYES*
> flags raised in the "X-Spam-Tests" header.

How many is "a bunch?"  Looks like the BAYES* tests aren't utilized
until there are a minimum of 200 messages in the database.

> I tried setting a specific path in the sa-mimedefang.cf and
> it would appear to be using the files in that path (i was getting
> permission errors until I fixed the permissions, so it appears to be
> trying to use them). But I'm not sure what I should try next.

Did you also set the bayes_path in ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs for the
user you ran sa-learn under?

Just to be sure, I also set "use_bayes  1" in sa-mimedefang.cf,
though it's supposed to be the default.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager