[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.31-BETA-1 is available

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Mon Feb 24 11:09:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Clayton, Nik [IT] wrote:

> A tiny nitpick -- any chance $MsgID could be deprecated, and this be
> renamed to something like $QueueID instead?  To my ears the message ID
> is the value of a specific header in the message, rather than the ID
> Sendmail assigned.

There's already a $QueueID.  $MessageID is the Message-ID header, $QueueID
is the sendmail queue ID, $MsgID is the queue ID if there is one, the
Message-ID header if not.

AFAIK, $MsgID is the way to go if "<No-Queue-ID>" as a value for $QueueID
would not be acceptable, if somehow sendmail didn't have one... at least
in that case you'd have something (the Message-ID).

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA