[Mimedefang] Bypassing outgoing mail - filter_relay blocking all incomming mail

Julian Hartmann julian at netzkind.at
Sun Feb 23 06:01:01 EST 2003

On Saturday 22 February 2003 20:27, Rick Knight wrote:
> I've read the man page and I've gone through the archives and I think
> I've got stuff in the right place, but I still don't get the quarantine
> notifications. Below is the last part of my mimedefang-filter. Can you
> tell me what I've missed?

> sub filter_end_aux ($) {
>     my($entity) = @_;
>
> # No sense doing any extra work
>     return if message_rejected();
>
>                 # And send notifications
>                 send_quarantine_notifications();
> }

Could this be because return if message_rejected(); preceeds your
send_quarantine_notifications();

I don't know about you, but overe here, nothing goes to quarantine without
being rejected first. And most of our filters are processed before
filter_end.
But your filter_end terminates after "return if message_rejected();" in case
the message was rejected, so for these messages, it never reaches
send_quarantine_notifications

Try putting send_quarantine_notification in the line right before return if
message_rejected(); and you should be fine.

You might want to give it a try.

regards,
julian