[Mimedefang] before the install

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Sat Feb 22 09:32:01 EST 2003

On Sat Feb 22 2003 at 07:36, "Raymond Norton" wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if I am going to need to remove the sendmail.rpm on my
> redhat 8.0 box, and do a new src install of sendmail before installing
> mimedefang?  I have ver 8.12.5

No, you don't need to update - it will work as long as you have also
installed the sendmail-devel package.  But moving to the latest
version (eg, taken from rawhide) might be a good move anyway.

Grab the mimedefang tar.gz, then do this (as root):

	rpm -tb mimedefang-2.XX.tar.gz

and if all goes well, then you'll soon an rpm there ready to install
in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/

If you get complaints about missing perl modules, satisfy those
(rpm) dependencies and try again.

If you have installed these perl modules not as rpms but with "perl
-MCPAN -e shell" or similar, then use the --nodeps switch to build
it.  And then use --nodeps again when installing the binary rpm.

Works for me (rh7.3).

> Raymond Norton

Cheers
Tony