[Mimedefang] Bypassing outgoing mail

Todd Aiken taiken at ubishops.ca
Fri Feb 21 14:05:01 EST 2003

Greetings.  I am new to this list and have searched the archives but
cannot find a working solution to my problem.

I have a smart relay mail server running Sendmail that I installed
MIMEDefang/SpamAssassin on following Mickey Hill's excellent HOWTO.  It's
working fine, but today I get a complaint from one of my users that a
certain site is rejecting all of our mail because it detects "banned or
potentially offensive text".  Communicating with their admins reveals that
it is the extra headers that MIMEDefang/SpamAssassin are adding causing
their server to reject the mail.  I figure the way to solve this is to
stop MIMEDefang from running on our outgoing mail, but haven't been able
to figure out how to do that.  If someone could show me how to bypass the
checking of mail from a single host (where all of our outgoing mail
originates from) I would appreciate it.  Even though I feel their site
should not be rejecting our mail because of contents in the headers, I
figure it is easiest to fix it at my site rather than mailing them telling
them it's their fault and to fix their configuration.

Many thanks in advance.

CU L8R...

Todd A. Aiken
Systems Analyst - Administrator