[Mimedefang] RE: Multiplexor Issue

Clayton, Nik [IT] nik.clayton at citigroup.com
Mon Feb 17 07:21:01 EST 2003

> MIMEDefang creates the spool directories like this:
>
> mdefang-<time>-<counter>, where "time" is the time-of-day counter in
> hexadecimal.  If a message comes in, the directory might be called:
>
> 	mdefang-3D9ACAFE-1

Here's a thought.  Why not just use:

      mdefang-<sendmail queue ID>

since Sendmail's already going to have allocated that to ensure it's
unique, and MD has access to the queue ID at this point (I think).

1        1         2         3         4         5         6         7    7
         0         0         0         0         0         0         0    5
  -- The 75 column-ometer
                                             Contributing to the heat death
Global Messaging, 120 Cheapside, x83331      of the universe since 1973.