[Mimedefang] Re: Spamassassin and white-lists

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Fri Feb 14 12:19:00 EST 2003

At 5:02 AM 2/14/2003, "David Erickson" <erickson+mimedefang at mddsg.com> wrote:
>Okay I thought I read the white-list functionality doesn't work when run
>in conjunction with mimedefang.

It's the auto-whitelist that doesn't work when run through
mimedefang.  Manually-defined whitelists and blacklists (including the
defaults in 60-whitelist.cf) do still work.

Note also:  If you are using an older version of SpamAssassin (older than
2.4) you should really upgrade; the default whitelists were fairly easy to
fake in older versions, since it only checked the return address
(whitelist_from).  Newer versions verify it against the Received headers
(whitelist_from_rcvd).

Kelson Vibber