[Mimedefang] Spamassassin and white-lists

David Erickson erickson+mimedefang at mddsg.com
Fri Feb 14 05:03:00 EST 2003

I received an email from bounce.amazon.com and the thing that struck me
as odd is it didn't get blocked by the spam filter even though it met
all the criteria that I would usually look at and say yep it's spam.
Then I looked at the headers injected by Spamassassin and it had the
following:

SPAM: * -100.0 -- From: address is in the user's white-list

Okay I thought I read the white-list functionality doesn't work when run
in conjunction with mimedefang.  And secondly,  I dont have that in my
sa-mimedefang.cf.  So any ideas what's going on for this?

Thanks

David Erickson, CCSA
erickson at mddsg.com