[Mimedefang] Warning: xmimedefang: local socket name

Chad Stalvey cstalvey at hcsmail.com
Thu Feb 13 12:52:01 EST 2003

Read the man on rc.conf

create a directory such as /etc/startup   or anything you desire.
then edit your rc.conf file with local_startup="/etc/startup"  before
sendmail_enable="YES"
then you can create a startup script for mimedefang and place it in the
directory you created. **Make sure you name it with a .sh , local_startup
searches for *.sh scripts.

I have two files in there, one for mimedefang:

Filter# more mimedefang.sh
#!/bin/sh
`su - defang -c "/usr/local/sbin/mimedefang-ctrl start"`

and one to start the additional sendmail mode mimedefang requires:

Filter# more sendmail.sh
#!/bin/sh
`/usr/sbin/sendmail -Ac -qp20m`

On boot, you may see the same error displayed above, but a ps -aux and a
tail -f /var/log/maillog will prove otherwise.