[Mimedefang] Reject a message

Steffen Kaiser skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Thu Feb 13 04:32:01 EST 2003

Hello,

both man mimedefang-filter
and
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2002-June/001444.html

specify action_bounce() to be bad. I rather agree. But how can one
"reject" via the SMTP dialogue? I mean there is:

action_tempfail($msg)
              Cause  an  SMTP  "temporary  failure"  code  to  be
              returned, so the sending mail  relay  requeues  the
              message and tries again later.  The message $msg is
              included with the temporary failure code.

so the SMTP dialogue is still active during the filter()'ing, is there a
way to cause a "permanent failure" code, so that I do not need to bounce
the message; so you have both: you have the sender notified and won't
accuse the wrong person.

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser