[Mimedefang] Question... (This is my 4th time trying to send this)

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Feb 11 13:43:01 EST 2003

David Erickson wrote:

>1) Everytime it generates a quarantine message the quarantine email goes
>back to /var/spool/clientmqueue and doesn't deliver immediately.  In fact it
>only delivers when the queue reruns (every 30 minutes by default) or if i
>restart sendmail.  Am i missing something in my configuration?

    Change sendmail's queue parameter.  Sendmail's client queue is
running every 30 minutes, changing that will cause those deliveries to
go faster (providing you make it a smaller number.)

>2) Is there a script already written to take a quarantined email and
>continue to deliver it as if it was being delivered to the original sender
>in tact?

    cd /var/spool/MIMEdefang/qdir-xxxxxxxxxx
    /usr/sbin/sendmail -f`cat SENDER` `cat RECIPIENTS` < ENTIRE_MESSAGE

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.