[Mimedefang] Question... (This is my 4th time trying to send this)

David Erickson erickson at mddsg.com
Tue Feb 11 11:43:00 EST 2003

I set up Mimedefang w/ Spamassassin using Sendmail 8.12.6... Seems to be
working pretty good.. Got a questions though.. I currently have it set to
quarantine any message that is considered spam so that i can inspect it
manually and decide what to do with it... BUT i have two questions:

1) Everytime it generates a quarantine message the quarantine email goes
back to /var/spool/clientmqueue and doesn't deliver immediately.  In fact it
only delivers when the queue reruns (every 30 minutes by default) or if i
restart sendmail.  Am i missing something in my configuration?

2) Is there a script already written to take a quarantined email and
continue to deliver it as if it was being delivered to the original sender
in tact?  I've been cutting and pasting and manually telneting to port 25 to
deliver the email .. Which was the only way i could come up with to make it
deliver in tact and display html and all.  Kind of a pain to do it that way
although in 2 days i've only had 1 email that wasn't spam that got hit by
the spam filter...  I set it up that all email locally generated with
$RelayAddr set to 127.0.0.1 will bypass the spam filter.  Cause I dont want
any of my users outgoing email to stop ever.  And I dont have any spammers
in-house.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help in advance,
Dave Erickson