[Mimedefang] Local Mail

Richard Cooper ric at digital-animations.com
Tue Feb 11 05:46:01 EST 2003

> I'm trying to not run spam checks for all OUTGOING mail. Being that
> sometimes local users (we're a dialup ISP) get blocked when
> sending out.
> Big pain... I've tried 2 or 3 different methods of doing
> this, but seem
> to always bomb mimedefang, or end up with non-local originating mail
> slipping through. I tried an alteration of Richard Coopers
> suggestion...
> but maybe I didn't put it in the right sub...  Anyways, I was hoping
> someone has already jumped this hurdle and had written something that
> actually works... hehe. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!
> Thanks in advance.

I can't claim credit for it, Perl just makes my brain hurt :). I wish I could remember who posted it to properly credit them. It does however work fine for me in sub filter_end - I actually use it to attach boilerplates to outgoing messages only and spam checks are also called in filter_end. Would there be any problems with $RelayAddr outside filter_end?

Cheers
Ric

they are addressed.

originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of Digital Animations Group.