[Mimedefang] Reject :451 4.7.1 Please try again later

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Feb 10 16:38:00 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Mike Smith wrote:

>  Guess I should beef up the mail servers. What is a reasonable
> number of slaves to be running? I have 3 Netra T1's with a GIG Ram
> in each. Ya, I know...Whimpy machines :)

My rule of thumb is 16 Mb/slave, so you should be able to run
64 slaves comfortably.  Make it 32 for safety's sake; that's still
way more than the default of 10 in the sample init script.

You might also want to increase the minimum number of slaves kept running
to around 5-10 if you notice there are usually that many slaves running
anyway.