[Mimedefang] How to trap this spam

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Wed Dec 31 14:46:54 EST 2003

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 12/31/2003 02:31:17
PM:

> On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> Suppose you strip HTML mail.  The senders think they've sent hotbars and
> smiley faces, and the recipients just get a plain-text e-mail.
>
> Will the recipients know the difference?  Will the senders? :-)

The sender probably wont know unless they get feedback from the recipient.

The recipient won't know unless the sender tells them.

Of course, if all HTML email is blocked, not just the stuff that has both
HTML and plain text, then messages will fail to get through and that will
annoy people.  I can't imagine the PHB crowd accepting that at all.