[Mimedefang] Re: SMTP mailertable question

Cormack, Ken kcormack at acs.roadway.com
Tue Dec 30 14:30:39 EST 2003

A follow-up to the MX records for smarthost question:

After consulting the 3rd edition of the O'Reilly Sendmail book (the "bat"
book), and the sendmail/cf/README file in the source tree, and reading all
that I can find about the sendmail smarthost, I can find no description that
indicates MX lookups are done for any name defined as the smarthost.
There's plenty of discussion of MX lookups and destination list building
when reading about Fallback MX hosts and such, but no discussion of that
nature, with the smarthost setting.  :'(

Looks like my cron script will do, for the time being.

Ken