[Mimedefang] MIMEdefang mimedefang.sock unsafe

G. Roderick Singleton gerry at pathtech.org
Sat Dec 27 11:35:02 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-27 at 10:29, doug030 at hotmail.com wrote:
> The permissions I have are:
>
> drwxr-xr-x   16 root     root         4096 Dec 24 12:11 var
> drwxr-xr-x   14 root     root         4096 Dec 25 10:34 spool
> drwx------    2 defang   defang       4096 Dec 27 15:28 MIMEDefang
>
> -rw-------    1 defang   defang          5 Dec 27 15:23
> mimedefang-multiplexor.pid
> srw-------    1 defang   defang          0 Dec 27 15:23
> mimedefang-multiplexor.sock
> -rw-------    1 defang   defang          5 Dec 27 15:23 mimedefang.pid
> srwx------    1 defang   defang          0 Dec 27 15:23 mimedefang.sock
>
>  Still going to error state after just a few mails, mimedefang.sock also
> disappearing. Anything else I can check?

I had this problem with RH because I didn't complete the setup as
described in the documentation. You don't say which OS so I can only
recommend that you reread the install and setup instructions for your OS
and ensure that indeed you have put ALL the initialization in place.
--
Gerry Roderick Singleton <gerry at pathtech.org>
416-452-4583