[Mimedefang] What to do about bounced forgeries?

Mattias Ahnberg mattias at ahnberg.pp.se
Thu Dec 25 19:44:48 EST 2003

>> "RM" == Rick Mallett <rmallett at ccs.carleton.ca> writes:

RM> I assume its a trojan/virus that waits for instructions on a given
RM> port and distributes spam as per those instructions.

You are right, the last bunch of months I've seen a large increase in
this type of spam. A few examples to prove your point is:

  http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.bedrill.html
  http://www.z-virus.com/Eng-virus-HTM/thunker.htm

Sad and bothersome. Not entirely unexpected though, I am
certain that we will see a lot of new malware of this
type to help the spammers battle our attempts to defeat
their purpose.

Another aspect we can see is the attacks on various RBLs
that work against spam.

/ahnberg.